Nevada Unit 71-79

buzz4me2

The draw gods shined on me and I drew a late season mule deer tag in this unit. If anyone has any information on the unit or will be hunting it please let me know. Thanks

I have hunted that zone. It was about 6 years ago. But unfortunately it was right after a big fire. So, I did not see a lot of deer. But if I were you I would look at the Winecup ranch. I saw a lot of sign. It is located off of hwy 93 between Wells, Nevada and Twin Falls Idaho. It had great potential. It is public land, but, you have to drive through a private ranch. The rancher was very cool. I just asked him if I could drive through and he was OK with it as long as I closed the gates behind me. It is a working cattle ranch. If you have any other questions PM me. I have a lot of friends that have hunted that area.

Had a tag for that area in 1996. We hunted Pole Creek area which is near the Idaho border. Be prepared for deep snow that time of year. O'Niel Basin is more accessable.
The area around Contact is winter range for muleys. Good luck with your hunt.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.