NEF frame

snake oil

I have a NEF frame with very low miles,but now has no barrel.The frame came off a 410,can I get barrels for this,need to do something with it sell it are use it.
thanks

Check their site, www.hr1871.com and check out the barrel exchange program. For sure the centerfire rifle cartridges won't work. The Huntsman MZ will on some shotgun frames. Give them a call.
In Gun Parts I have a Centerfire frame for sale, will work for everything except 10 ga.

I heard all about what accurate guns the NEFs were so I bought one for my son as a starter gun in 30-06. It took three shots to hit the ground with that thing. After talking to several other NEF owners I found out that for some reason many of the larger faster bullets/calibers (30-06/280) are not as accurate as the smaller ones (223/243). I know very little about the subtleties of single shots but I have a feeling that there is some kind of torque with the greater weight/mass/speed/enertia bullets that is causing this inaccuracy. This is only my experience with ONE gun. Not much of a sample.

I guess long story short...(too late)...try one of the 223/243 size barrels, maybe a 204...hmmmm...,but do some research on the bigger calibers before you get one of them.

Good luck...just my two cents worth.

I had the same experience with an '06 I bought for my middle son. I think the higher intensity rounds are less forgiving when it comes to barrel gap & latch engagement, so at least some truth to what you are saying. Later, I bought a 280 that was a tackdriver. It had a very tight gap (.0015) & good latch engagement. But it is not a big deal to me & not worth arguing about, I like them for 45-70,
45-90 type rounds & muzzleloaders. They are usually good in 223, but the forearm is sensitive to bipods & such & I am done with them for all but the above stated purpose.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.