Needing new rifle

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by THERIDDLER07SMS, Sep 22, 2010.

1. THERIDDLER07SMS

THERIDDLER07SMS Active Member

I am looking to buy a new rifle.. my sendero 7mm RUM wasnt quite for me. When i come back from afghanistan i am lookin to spend top dollar on a rifle i can shoot competition with plus go hunting, moslty sitting.

I am looking at the Barret 98B, Barret .416 or another sendero. I need a caliber that i can buy match grade ammo at a retail store. I do not have a reloading set and probably wont in the near future.

Any ideas? Price is not an option but please keep it under 5 grand :D also i am lookin at a nightforce scope or leupold mark4

Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  2. str8shoot

str8shoot Well-Known Member

I would think .416 Barret ammo would be hard to come by retail. I however will not talk anyone out a .416 Barret if you got the means, too cool! The .338 lapua rounds are probably easier to come by, but I would not want to have to look for factory ammo for them either. I do load and, I love my Sendero, but I would trade it any day of the week and twice on Sunday for either Barret. The .416 Barrett is in a whole different league from any caliber sendero, but major overkill on North American game. Unless you need over 4500 lbs of energy at 1000 yards!