Needed: XP bolt face pits resurfaced

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by Bob Adler, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Bob Adler

Bob Adler Member

I have an XP100 action built into my pet 22-250 rifle but a previous owner liked to blow or at least have leaky primers, resulting in a pitted boltface. Does anyone know a gunsmith who can weld the pits and re-surface the boltface? Please give me a phone number or e-address and I will write, call, or send smoke signals if I must, but I need help! THANKS!

2. Trickymissfit

Trickymissfit Well-Known Member

Bill Calfee usually has several XP 100 bolts laying around gathering dust. He posts over on the Falcon shooting website.
    gary

3. Bob Adler

Bob Adler Member

Thanks, I appreciate the lead! I don't know the Falcon shooting site--any better address possible?? Bob

4. Stonewall2

Stonewall2 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  5. Bob Adler

Bob Adler Member

Thanks for the input---I got a number of responses but most were to buy a new bolt body, get it all fitted, new handle, new extractor system, and then set the barrel back and set headspace correctly. Even a good idea to do it when you need a new barrel anyway!

So, with nearly 1200 rounds loaded specifically for this gun that shoot right at or just over an inch at 200yds, I think I will wait until I shoot everything up and rebarrel and rebolt at the same time.

I never heard an exact name of a smith who bushes bolts, like on Cadet Martinis, but someone out there must know. If you have a person I could call, I would do it, just to get an idea if it is workable.

Thanks again! Bob Adler

6. Stonewall2

Stonewall2 Well-Known Member

Send the bolt only to Gre'-Tan Rifles
    and for $65 your problem will be solved.
    You can still use your loaded ammunition.
    This gunsmith is extremely good at this and FAST too.
    See link in previous post .

Do a search on the subject or ask a question here:
    Gunsmiths Corner

Glenn

7. Bob Adler

Bob Adler Member

Thanks, Glenn. I appreciate the help, and truly AFFORDABLE, as the rebarrel and new bolt was looking at 6-700! Regards, Bob(TSJC '65)