Need/ want to see .22 holes at 300 m. Will Diamondback 20-60×60 work?

Cold Trigger Finger

So that's pretty much my? If a less expensive scope would work I'm open to reccomendations .
I think the Vortex would hold up OK for hunting but this will primarily be used on the range and cost is a major consideration.
Anyone have this scope?

Yes 60 power will work easy.Especially if you shoot with a white background target.

From my experience it will take a very good scope and near perfect conditions to see 22 cal holes at that distance. Here in KY that seldom happens. Sometimes I can see 264 cal holes at 360 yards with my 42 power Nightforce but not too often

Very true. Thats what I finally did

You can buy a whole ton of these targets for a lot less than the cost of a spotter. I always keep a pack of the 6 inch targets in my shooting bag just in case the need arises. They're also really fun for new shooters because they're a little more reactive than normal paper.

From my experience it will take a very good scope and near perfect conditions to see 22 cal holes at that distance. Here in KY that seldom happens. Sometimes I can see 264 cal holes at 360 yards with my 42 power Nightforce but not too often

Agreed. I could just make out where a new "spot" seemed to be on a day with no mirage and no wind I.e. no wiggle in the scope. A week later with mirage and wind I had no chance and was shooting blind as far a tracking my ladder went. Thank goodness I colored the bullets with marker. Also I was shooting a ladder so my shots were landing on white paper away from the dot I was aiming at. Had I been hitting the bull no chance. Shoot and sees or blowing white paint off steel are the way to go at that range. Shooting a ladder I wanted clean holes in paper to judge not overlapping splats of missing paint.

On another note I think the 20-60x60 is a great scope. Very lightweight and a useable range of power.

Agreed. I could just make out where a new "spot" seemed to be on a day with no mirage and no wind I.e. no wiggle in the scope. A week later with mirage and wind I had no chance and was shooting blind as far a tracking my ladder went. Thank goodness I colored the bullets with marker. Also I was shooting a ladder so my shots were landing on white paper away from the dot I was aiming at. Had I been hitting the bull no chance. Shoot and sees or blowing white paint off steel are the way to go at that range. Shooting a ladder I wanted clean holes in paper to judge not overlapping splats of missing paint.

On another note I think the 20-60x60 is a great scope. Very lightweight and a useable range of power.

If you have another piece of paper behind the one that has the Shoot and See it will leave nice clean holes as long as both pages are fairly tight on the target backer. It's definitely not for every situation but it works.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.