Need some opinions on this scope quick! S&B PMII 3-12x 50

canoetrpr

I have the opportunity to pick up one of these with the p4L reticle for $1600. It is a demo and in mint condition.

Price is $1600.

Going atop my incoming Cooper 280 AI. I expect it to be used for a western hunt or a caribou hunt in Quebec some day upto 500 yards.

Thoughts?

My worry is the P4L (not the fine) is quite busy for hunting.

It will go quick, so Id appreciate your opinion.

Also found out that the scope is calibrated so the one click is one cm at 100 m. Got to think about this. Might do me just fine since I am in Canada and we use metric for about everything other than shooting.

Heck, our rifle range here is 100m, 200m, 300m rather than yards.

Buy it, if you dont like it because its "too busy" sell it for a healthy profit and get what you want. I have three PMIIs with the p4 fine reticles and love them. Unless your dialing for both wind and elevation I think you will find the reticle easy to use. Dont wory about centimeters or mils, one centimeter at 100 meters is the same angle as .1 mils at 100 yards, run your drop chart in yards or meters it wont matter your program will give you the value to apply in regards to drop and deflection.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.