Need opinions on a scope

walding1989

I am having a hard time figuring out which scope to get I want something that is hands down reliable and good warranty/customer service. I am leaning very hard on a leupold vx2 I'n the 6.5x18x40 with the CDs. It will be going on a .308 with a 98 Mauser action. I have 2 vx2 3x9 scopes right now and they do everything I want I read on here a lot and seems like everybody is bashing leupold. I am sure you can buy a better scope but for the money and warranty/ service on the scopes I don't see how I could go wrong with the scope I just said I wanted to get. Please give me some useful opinions on this.

Thanks.

I honestly think you would get better clarity with a 4-12X40 VX R scope for almost the same money. I have looked through both scopes ( I own the VX R) and even with the reduced magnification of the VX R the sight picture is so much better that I don't realize the reduction in magnification. JMHO, for what its worth.

I like the vx-r but i dont like having to have batteries or worrying about it corroding as i left the batteries in my eotech in too long and it ruind the connections for the battery. what is the difference I'n glass I'n the vx-r vs. Vx-2??

There is no difference in the glass quality of the scopes, the same glass is used in both of them. I think your pick is a great one. I think you would be better served with the target model in that particular scope. That way you get both Windage and Elevation external adjustments. Both scopes are the same price, so get more for your buck with the target model. I sent you a PM.

Mac

i think your miss reading everyone bashing leupold. ive never seen a post that said they are not good scopes, i think what everyone is saying is that a 800 dollar leupold is just as good as a 500 dollar ___ you just pay alot of extra for a scope thats no better in the clairty, function, warrenty areas. espicially the warrenty part. ive had some horibable dealings with the leupold warrenty department.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts