need opinions

BROWNT

I have a Vortex Viper HS LR. I have used it for a year now and it really tracks perfectly, but the glass is just not that clear. Do yall think there is something wrong or is it just me? Should I send it in to have it looked at?
Thanks

Thanks Scmblr. Just wasn't sure as this is the 1 and only vortex product i own or have looked through. Have read about how clear and solid they are but i wasn't sure.
Thanks

Anytime! I hate sending things back to the factory unless there is no way around it.

I keep a few packs of the screen cleaning wipes in my range bag so i can clean the lens from time to time. Had a buddy once that was ready to toss his Leupold in a creek due to the blurry image. Dummy hadn't even thought about the smudges his dirty fingers left on the lens.

Maybe try to find another vortex scope or two to look through and compare (Maybe a nearby range, local sporting goods store, or shooting buddy) sure would hate to take it off what a couple weeks while you send it in then find out there was nothing wrong to start with. Good luck.

You do have it focused to your eye with the focus ring (not side parallax knob) at the back of the scope? and your using the side parallax knob?

Thanks to all. Yes the lenses are clean, focused and parallax adjusted. My son has said for awhile that it just wasn't that clear and others have shot this gun and said that it wasn't that clear. It's mainly on full zoom. When you reduce zoom it's pretty clear but being a SFP I needed full zoom for windage holds. It just got me to thinking when I conversed with a freind by phone as he was telling me about how much he liked his Vortex scope and how clear it was, so i thought I would get you fine folks opinion on wether I needed to have it checked or not.
Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.