Need some help

jake00

I got a prob well I think, I put my gun in a shooting rest and when I adjust the power on my scope the cross hairs move is that suppose to happen, its moving up and down about 3" thanks guys

You didn't specify what scope you have. How about a few details? Maker and model. It could be a parallax issue or you could have a broken scope. Tell us more and maybe we can help.

I got a prob well I think, I put my gun in a shooting rest and when I adjust the power on my scope the cross hairs move is that suppose to happen, its moving up and down about 3" thanks guys

If the mounts are solid and you're not moving the rifle, then it's most likely broken or an inexpensive off-brand.

Did you already adjust the diopter and parallax?

Just got back from a hunt. Okay now we know what model scope. I looked it up and it has an adjustable front objective.. If the front objective isn't properly adjusted you will cause a parallax issue which will cause the crosshairs to apear to move around with even the slightest head/eye movement. Higher magnification will amplify crosshair movement. If you position your eye in slightly different positions while looking through the scope try adjusting the front objective to see if you can remove the crosshair movements. Don't use the actual yardage listed on the front objective as some scopes are not parallax free if set by the number but it should be close.

Report back on if that solved the issue.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.