need some guidence

pcsniper

Live in the midwest and thinking about a 257 weatherby mag for a coyote gun or am I just waisting my time with that caliber.Thank you who ever answers my question.

It'll do a lot more than coyote killin'. A cartridge that's been around for about seventy years and is still in production speaks for itself.
Just keep in mjnd that when a big case is necked down to a small bullet barrel life suffers.

pc, if you don't reload, the factory ammo would be pricey. I use my .257 WBY for coyotes and my friend who doesn't reload shoots his 25-06 using much less costly factory loads. The Vanguard-2 in .257 WBY I've seen are pretty accurate with the better trigger on the Howa made barreled action. Good luck

It'll kill any coyote that ever walked but it's not needed, the extra 200 is for the most part worthless for what it costs to get it...casings, barrel life, reloading expense for powder.....just not needed, the same bullet traveling 200 fps will accomplish the same thing.

I would say go for it I love my .257 Roy. Just keep in mind barrel length matters. If doing a 24" just go 25-06 and save some coin. But if you do a 26" or longer go Roy. I still grab mine for almost everything. Speed kills and I is fast will definitely do the trick on totes.

I have helped my S-I-L play around with his 257Wby and I will probably step on some toes, but I don't see what that finicky cartridge will gain over a good 270Win. I consider most of the Roy cartridges more trouble than they are worth, and don't own one any longer.

Live in the midwest and thinking about a 257 weatherby mag for a coyote gun or am I just waisting my time with that caliber.Thank you who ever answers my question.

I think it's a fine choice. I don't think it's a finicky cartridge to load for and my Blaser is quite accurate. If you want to go for more than coyote, it's more than enough for deer, pronghorn, black bear, etc.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.