Need some Checkering done!

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
We recently purchased an inexpensive .50 Cal ML from another member. The wood and metal is almost like NEW. Our intention is to turn this into a PROJECT RIFLE.
I am going to put a super Tru Oil Finish on the WOOD and Jill is going to put some LASER ENGRAVED Scroll work on the Octagonal Sided Barrel.
I gave away our tooling to do checkering years ago so now looking to find someone that will do a nice job checkering this wood. We don't want to pay a fortune for the Checkering. We may even have Jill Laser Engrave the person's name & Business doing the Checkering on the Barrel.
This is going to be a PROJECT Rifle so may be given away as a present or sold to invest in our Mentoring program.
If any of you great LRH members can do some nice checkering and want to give us a break on the cost or if you know someone that does nice checkering please let us know.
Thanks
Len & Jill

I can sell you some checkering tools.
Thats what z am afraid of - "Getting back into Checkering" like we are in too many businesses now.
What tools do you have and the size and Line cut. Also do you have the edge cutter and then the line follower? Single, double cut do you have patterns? I have not don this in a quit a few years. I had a problem with people showing up on a $25 stock and wanted a $500 design so quit.
Now I will do a $500 oil finish a $75.00 stock and want someone to put a decent checker on this $500.00 oil finish on a $75 stock.
We all have a Ruger 77 Mark II in Lamanite Wood for a .204 SS 26" that is a tack driver. I'll do the wood on this one also. Just need a good person to checker it/
If no one takes me up on the offer I will need to do it you I will have to do it, please when you sell me what tools you have make sure that they are sharp so do a good job man.
Your friend len!!!

I used this lady to checker my plain model 70. She does very nice work..

Thank You!

Thats what z am afraid of - "Getting back into Checkering" like we are in too many businesses now.
What tools do you have and the size and Line cut. Also do you have the edge cutter and then the line follower? Single, double cut do you have patterns? I have not don this in a quit a few years. I had a problem with people showing up on a $25 stock and wanted a $500 design so quit.
Now I will do a $500 oil finish a $75.00 stock and want someone to put a decent checker on this $500.00 oil finish on a $75 stock.
We all have a Ruger 77 Mark II in Lamanite Wood for a .204 SS 26" that is a tack driver. I'll do the wood on this one also. Just need a good person to checker it/
If no one takes me up on the offer I will need to do it you I will have to do it, please when you sell me what tools you have make sure that they are sharp so do a good job man.
Your friend len!!!
It looks like you have a couple possible options to have the work done. Best of luck to you.

-- Todd

Ill second sherry, its good to hear shes still around, I met her back in the 80's at a SCI show or maybe the shotshow, she was handing out flyers at the Kimber both, I quit checkering about 2000, the last stock I did I had her do, told her do what you think would look best, she did a wonderful wrap around pattern, was very pleased,

Ill second sherry, its good to hear shes still around, I met her back in the 80's at a SCI show or maybe the shotshow, she was handing out flyers at the Kimber both, I quit checkering about 2000, the last stock I did I had her do, told her do what you think would look best, she did a wonderful wrap around pattern, was very pleased,
Thanks