Need Scope Knowledge

Kdish

Yesterday I had a chance to look through what appeared to be a really nice scope. The glass was crystal clear. Looking at the scope, we found the name "Ultra" on the bottom side of the scope. It was a fixed power ( 20X ) with the side focus knob. It was marked in mil dots, and had a serial number of 0249. Does anyone know anything about "Ultra" scopes? I have not found any reference to that scope anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

I would bet its made in China, India or some emerging European country.

I had a chance to get a better look at the scope today. The bottom side which has the only markings on the scope were:
Ultra
20 X M1
L & S Inc.

I cannot find any reference anywhere for this scope. The scope came on a Cooper rifle that was bought used. Who ever made this scope was not interested in advertisement as all the writing is on the underside of the scope. Having looked through Nightforce scopes, I can say it is as clear as a Nightforce at the very least and better than any of the 5 Leupold scopes that we have. Thanks for any information that anyone can come up with.

That's an old-school Leupold tactical scope. They were highly regarded--built to military specs, extra beefy, etc. Totally different animal than the variable MK IV's they sell now.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.