Need scope recommendations

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by wodenson, Nov 14, 2006.

1. wodenson

wodenson New Member

Just picked up a new Remington 700 SPS SS in 7mm-08 caliber. This will be used for deer hunting in areas where we shoot from 50-350 yds. I want a quality scope that is very reliable and yet around the $400 area. I have been considering the Bushnell Elite 4200 in 2.5 X 10 X 40 and also the Nikon Monarch 3.3 X 10 X 44. I did have a chance to look through a Nikon Monarch 3.3 X 10 X 44 and was very impressed by the clarity, sharpness, and brightness. I have not found a 4200 to look through yet though. What scope would you recommend.

2. bailey1474

bailey1474 <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

We carry both scopes and in my opinion the Nikon is a better scope. I've only looked through a few of the Bushnells and alot of the Nikons, so my view may be a little warped. Shoot me an email and I can quote you a price on both.

B.J.

3. Casey Napier

Casey Napier Well-Known Member

Leupold!!!
    Customer service is excellent!
    American made.

RidgeRooster

4. lovdasnow

lovdasnow Well-Known Member

agree with bill on this one. I have a bushnell 3200, and while it is not a bad scope, I think that the nikons have better glass, and wish I would have bought the nikon.

good luck,

5. wildcat

wildcat Well-Known Member

Spend-a-little-more-$$$-and-get-yourself-a-Leupold.-For-about-$500-to-600-you-can-get-an-awesome-leupold.-Goodluck!!

Wildcat

6. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

A Luepold V3 in either 2.5X8 or 3.5X10

7. edge

edge Well-Known Member

The 4200 has Rainguard. I lost a shot at a deer 2 years ago due to the scope fogging up, so I bought the Bushnell, if the rainguard works as advertised, then I made a great decision cuz you can't shoot what you can't see!

edge.

8. buzzard

buzzard Member

I have a rem sps had to send it back two times to get a 2" grop out of it. It cost 30 bucks each time laped it the first time and re crowned the last time hope You have beter luck with Yours. if not it has a two year warranty.

9. Lonnie

Lonnie Member

Hope so too. Well I realize it isn't gonna shoot like a custom rifle, but hope to get decent enough accuracy to hunt with. I handload, so that could make some difference too. I will eventually get a different stock for it, then have the action fully trued, and a good barrel such as a Kreiger, or Broughton, or Lilja installed.
    Thanks for the input.

10. 300rum

300rum Well-Known Member

Hi,

I'm very happy with my scope:
    Sightron SII 6.5-20x50MD (Mildot) Side Focus Adjustment.
    Excellent clarity at low light and are very good in ShockProof - I use in my 300 RUM rifle, with lots of recoil.

So far I'm happy with this one.

Go to http://www.bobwards.com/bobwards/servlet/item/shipping/82539-06.
    Just give them a call and they can sent you one even if it's out of stock.

300rum

11. GSPointer

GSPointer Active Member

I have Nikon and Nightforce and have to say the Nikon is an awesome scope for the money at half the price of the NXS. Lifteime guarantee too.

Leupold, are they not being made in China now?