Need opinions…

Im looking to get a new riflescope for my Browning .300prc… I will be taking the rifle on big excursions out west deep in the woods where terrain is rough and the chance of slipping and falling is real…trying to figure out the top 2 best scopes for durability, tracking, consistency and clarity. My Price range is $2,600 and under….

Then I am wondering if there is any scope that is $1,500 that provides the same quality as listed above and if so what would that be?

Thank you!

Im looking to get a new riflescope for my Browning .300prc… I will be taking the rifle on big excursions out west deep in the woods where terrain is rough and the chance of slipping and falling is real…trying to figure out the top 2 best scopes for durability, tracking, consistency and clarity. My Price range is $2,600 and under….

Then I am wondering if there is any scope that is $1,500 that provides the same quality as listed above and if so what would that be?

Thank you!
If you want a scope that is built like a tank, then I would recommend the night force, atac r series of scopes.

I have got a few quotes from a few different places. The best i can find is a 5-25x56 for 2,556…. Just did not know if there was any other options people would recommend!
For different uses or a different budget I would come up with several other brands to mention but, when you some want some thing that is tough and tracks and has good glass the ATACR is the first thing that comes to mind! I have that exact scope for about eight years now it is tough as nails!
ED0CE69C-CE13-46E2-9AEB-949FC71CAC6A.jpeg

Nightforce is always a good option. Another you might investigate is the March scopes. When you ask about something in the $1500 range you might consider used. Good luck and have fun.

Nothing's, gonna Help you, IF you Fall, in the Lava Rocks,.. "Out West" ( Scope,.. DONE ! )
Buy, a Veracity or, Zeiss V-4,..and use, a heavy Scope Cover and just,.. BE,. CAREFUL !
"Wood's / Mountain Rifles",.. DON'T "Need" heavy, 2 Pound Pig's, sitting on Top of,.. HUNTING,. rifle's.
Lighter weight, 4 X 14's or, 4 X 16's,.. ARE, Plenty and,..
USE,.. Trekking Poles !

Last edited:
You should watch the nightforce torture test videos. I have lots of faith in them. I also happen to have one for sale. 5-25x56 ATACR sfp moa

Having Personally, "Slid" about, 8 or, 10 feet down, an Icy / Snow covered, Lava Rock, "Chute" while "Bird Dogging", a Herd of Elk for friends
when, Younger.
My New, Leupold 2.5 x 10, WAS,. "Toast" at, the Bottom ! ( Ocular Lens Busted and Ocular Tube, Badly, crushed ).
I offered to, Pay Leupold and they, Fixed it / replaced it, for,.. FREE ( Got lucky, that time ! ).
Luckily, My beautiful, Custom .338 Win Mag., Weatherby and Me, was,.. Ok !

Last edited: