need opinion/experience with nosler custom brass

älg

Looking at buying some nosler cutsom brass.. anyone tried this brand? is it made by nosler themselves? does the superior quality justify the price increase over brands such as rem r/p??

Thanks.

NOsler doesn't make it themselves. I've heard it is high grade win or rem brass. I've bought the nosler blem brass for 300win and was VERY impressed with it. Excellent wt consistancy, perfect "ready to load" condition, flash holes deburred....all for $22/50. I just got a bag of win brass and it was typical....needed some "straightening out". Also I noticed that the win brass did not seat with the same perfect neck tension I found on the nosler brass. I think I'm sold on the blems as being a heck of a good deal verses normal stuff just a few dollars cheaper....especially when you consider you'll probably fire the stuff 5x's min....that really lowers your cost/shot.

I am using the Nosler custom brass in my 300 WM and 243. I have no complants, and can second what kraky1 said. I am on my third firings with the 300 WM brass and second with the 243. I think the brass is well worth the money from my experience.

What are the neck wall thickness variations?Has anyone measured this varience with a tubing "mike"?Are the necks concentric with the body axis.Is the Nosler brass as good or superior to the Lapua brass?
I would be very gratful for this info.Would be loading for a .308 amd .300 Win.mag.
Jim

Considering the cost of Lapua 300 WM versus Nosler 300 WM brass, I would go for the Nosler; however, it is not better than the Lapua brass. Other calibers of brass are more affordable than the 300 WM. For 308, use Lapua, but for the 300 WM, I would take a hard look at the Nosler brass. jm2c

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.