Need input on Moestar R1 4-16x44

hopt

I just purchased but haven't received a Moestar R1 4-16x44. 2 people (both strangers to me) said this is absolutely the best scope for the money. I got the stainless, mil dot, 30mm tube, with target turrets for $545 shipped. It is my understanding that they manufacture scopes for Zeiss, Swarovski, and others. Both of these guys swear I'm getting a $1000 quality scope for 1/2 the price. Can anyone (that has one) give me their thoughts and/or opinions of this scope? I guess I'm gambling a little bit here, but what info I could find (here and on other sites)was all very impressive. I know they don't advertise, and many people have never heard of them. The dealer I bought it from was very informnative, and is shipping me the scope before I pay for it !! He said he was confident I would be impressed enough that I would happily send him the money for it. I'm curious about the clarity ( i hear it's almost unbeatable) and low light conditions. I have a couple of nice (and expensive) leupolds so I do have scopes to compare it to. I would love to hear opinions from other hunters/shooters. Any input or opinions, preferably from owners of the Moestar R1 would be greatly appreciated. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!
thanks, Hopt

I really hope you get some answers! I recently did the import/export paperwork to get one of these into Canada!
All the info I could find was positive as well, And I hope you will post again to compare it to your leupolds.
Good luck, and merry Christmas!
Cdog.

Meopta Meostar R1 4-16x44

i have gotten a few requests as to where to ge these scopes. The website is eurooptics LTD phone number is 507-220-3159. speak to Alex Roy. Although i have never met him, he is VERY knowledgeable about quality scopes (especially european made). He is super nice and seems like a superb guy. I had never heard of these scopes until a guy from Long Range Optics called me regarding a scope I inquired about. He turned me on to the website and to Alex. I'm a bit of a skeptic, and owning a few leupolds, I was pretty dead set to buy another. After getting all the info Alex gave me (not just a good sales pitch) I decided to give the meostar a try. I work at the fire dept. in town, but do sales on my days off. I know a sales pich when it's thrown at me, and Alex did nothing of the sort. He sinply laid out the facts and let me decide. I can't say enough about a guy I have never met..!! I guess the proof is actually in th pudding, but for the $$, I just don't see this scope being beat. As far as customer service goes, Alex is THE MAN. I'm saying all this and my scope won't even ship out until tomorrow. I did do about 3 hrs. of internet rearch on it, and everyone seemed to think this scope was like the 2nd coming of christ..!! I couldn't find one bad word on it.....To sum it up, contat Alex at: [email protected] for a deal on this scope as well as others. I have no doubt in my mind that he will take care of you and sell you a scope as well as inform you of all the benefit of the euro scopes ,and most importantly give you the best deal around on them. Let me know if i can be of any more help.
hopy

Last edited:
Thanks again.
Alex at europtics was the one who walked me through the steps on my end to get an import cirtificate. He was very helpfull, and it was not nearly as much hassle as I had heard.
I hope to go through with the purchase early in the new year, after I get Santa all paid for!!!
I very much look forward to hearing your opinions on this scope as I have a 8x32 burris bd scope, and was hopefull it would be equal or better optically.
Thanks again,
Cdog.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.