Need Input on Burris Optics

match

I recently sent my Burris 1.5 - 4X LER scope in for service.
Today I received a packet from Burris Customer Service stating that since the optic was over 12 years old, the availability of service parts could take a while to procure.
Since this was the case, they would sell me ANY Burris optic at a reduced price to replace my scope. I'm really considering this offer, as the prices are fantastic. If you could choose any one Burris Optic (binoculars, spotting scopes and rangefinders also included) what would you get ? I already have a decent rangefinder (Nikon 600) and spotting scope (cheap, but it works) so I'm not that interested in them. What do you guy's think ??

they really do make a nice rifle scope, signature select or euro diamond or black diamond on the higher end or the fullfield2 on the lower end they make a great scope in my opinion!

Ernie, that's one of the choices that I am considering. I am also looking at the Xtreme Tactical line of optics, the Laser Scope (just cause It'd be neat!), and the image stabilizing binoculars. Come on gang, don't be shy with other suggestions !

<font color="blue">I have a Burris XTR 624 mounted on a 300 Winchester Magnum and though I've only had the scope for about a month it seems like a fine scope - I used to be a L&amp;S fan but their quality has just gone to the dogs and I did my homework on the Burris and didn't hear a negative thing about them, so I figured I would try. So far I am very happy with the scope with one exception - it has 1" elevation adjustment clicks, which means 1 click equals 10-inches at 1,000-yards. If on your best day you could shoot 1 MOA @ 1,000-yards that would leave a 20" margin of error for a 1,000-yard shot - not very good for the Coyotes I hope to vaporize at 1,000-yards.

Burris says they will be offering 1/4" adjustments as an upgrade but haven't yet announced the available date... I am waiting patiently.
</font>

I own two Burris Scope. The newer Fullfield II with Ballistic Flex mounted on my 243 Sako Forrester and the old Signature 8X32X44 on my 6MM Remington Mauser. I like them both with the Signature a tad better than the Fullfield. Resolution wise they are much brighter than Leupold IMO.

Match

Years ago I switched to a 2 1/2 to 7 LER and realy
like it.

The 1.5 x 4 was placed on a 444 contender and still
survives in spite of intense recoil.

good scopes"

J E CUSTOM

Lots of luck. Wait until you find out the "reduced price"
is about 10% over what the general markets sells them for. I think they assume everyone must pay full retail. I would tell them either just fix it or send out a comparable replacement for free, thank you very much!

Keep us posted to the outcome.

If they are really talking going deep on the discount I would get the stabilized binoculars. My Canons have rendered my buddies Swarovski's obsolete. He doesn't even want to look through his own but instead hounds me for mine every time he wants to look at something.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.