need help

canjaeger

was shooting today @625 yards fired two groups of three target result was 1 almost bullseye and two droped off paper to the right hand lower corner just of the paper this happened both times .i was shooting from bipod prone on the ground
what do you all think is it me stockweld or something or could it be my load
308 168 hrnady match 39.5 wc 845 aprox 2500 fps
confused.gif

I'm not too big on shooting off the ground with a bi-pod, at least not at long range.

I have shot thousands of rounds while using a bi-pod. One thing that I've noticed is that the rifle does not always recoil consistently when the bi-pod feet drag on grass, ground or whatever. To determine if this is the cause of your problem, I would shoot the same set-up off a stable, makeshift bench, or switch to conventional sandbags and see if that eliminates the problem.

Just one possibility - Good luck

VH

good idea varmint hunter i will try that out, never thought about the dragging leg thing makes sense also i have to add in between groups i shot some lubed cast bullets at 100 yards maybe the lub residue has something to do withit .thing is in the group i dont know what came first the near bull or the off paper hits .lucky i have some more rounds from that lot, next week i will fire one round check target go back and fire two more and see what happens
thanks
grin.gif

[ 06-20-2004: Message edited by: canjaeger ]

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.