need help with rifle choice for elk and muleys

pulled the trigger on a new build. I will do a new build thread when I start getting pictures.
I ordered
stiller predator l/a
bell Carlson Alaskan II stock
jewell trigger
muller works #4 fluted barrel chambered in a 300 winmag
csr side port magnum muzzle brake

I need to start thinking about scope-base-rings . is there a base I can buy that if I wanted to shoot long range with a higher power scope then change out to lower power to go brush hunting with. have 1 gun 2 scope and ring setups. or is this a bad idea taking chance that scope would be off during switch. thought I saw someone doing this with a picattinny rail setup.

i would not mess with switching scopes. get are variable power that does both. put a 2.5-8 on the 308 and use it for brush.

my 308 will always come with me anyways. thinking about updating my scope have a bushnell legend ultra hd 3 x 9 -40mm on it . my original deal I wanted to keep it light and inexpensive so if it did get banged around in the brush I wouldn't feel so bad. but then again it is my backup for Colorado and my primary whitetail rifle here. my brothers kid needs a scope for his 243 anyways think he might get my bushnell and I will upgrade. kinda liking the lighted wider cross hairs anyways in my old age.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.