Need help with pressure problems

I made some aluminum spacers and put them in place. The stock was still pushing on the barrel. I decided to remove the spacers and remove the troublesome material. Now you can take a dollar bill and shimmy it all the way front to back on the forearm.
I'm going to buy some 120's this week and work up some loads once I see the rifle will shoot I will invest in a new trigger.

E87825EB-DB45-4122-A437-2AC33B38F751.jpeg
Starting to shine.....four shots. Free floated barrel, unscrewed Remington's famous trigger set screw, 120 Sierra Matchkings ,Retumbo powder and Federal 210 primers.
Got a new trigger ordered and will glass bed her later this summer.

Today I loaded three rounds with the 129 SST and IMR 4831. I also took the time to work the stock over and got the free float going on.
It shot the three in a horizontal string in a group under 2". The last time I shot this same load it was 3-4".
The trigger needs help which comes next.
I'm starting to think since the rifle is a 1:10 twist It would be best to stock up on some 120 grain bullets.
I also plan to revisit Retumbo powder and H870.
Are you sure that your rifle is a 1:10" twist?
I have a Sendero II in 264 as well, mine is 1:9" twist.
My Model 70 is also a 1:9" twist.
My switch barrel comp rifle has a 1:8" twist.
I've never seen a 1:10" twist in ANY .264" cal rifles.

In all of my 264WM's, RE33 & Retumbo are very good. RE25 is also a good choice.

Cheers.

Thanks guys! Magnum I don't know the twist first hand. I got the number from something I read. 1:9 is better. I seen the 143 eldx shoot a couple in one hole then throw one three inches over. That was before I hogged the stock out and fiddled with the trigger.
I may revisit the several different 140's I have on hand....soon.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.