need help with 300 wsm performance

älg

I am looking to build a new 30 cal. , and have almost decided on the 300 wsm.
The question is if it will be able to decently launch a 200 g. such as an accubond, provided a proper mag. length.

does anyone have any specific results, and COL for this combination or similar 200 g bullets?

the COL would depend on you mag length... a good smith can throat you chamber to make just about any bullet combo work...

on my 300WSM I used the 190 exclusivley but it also performed well with the 200 gr accubond. Because of the polymer tip that bullet is a it long but works never the less... I suggest you make a few dummy rounds and send them to your smith to throat your chamber to fit your needs

Thanks Ric, I still don´t have a mag. length, but it basically can be adjusted to my needs.....that´ s why it is interesting to know what col you were using, or at least, can you give me the 200 accubond total length? I am not using the 300wsm yet, never have before, so don´t have a chance to load a dummy..

what was your muzzle vel. with the 200 g. accubond, and 180 ´s ( accubond or others) and how many inches is the barrel ?
Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.