Need help on 6.5x61 Sharp & Hart (Super)

BamaPse

So my grand father just gave me a custom 6.5x61 Sharp and Hart (aka 6.5x61 Super) on a Mauser 98 action and I am needing to find some .264win brass so that I can do my resizing for reloading. I cannot find anything on the caliber either so if you have any info and would like to pass it along, I would love that!

So my grand father just gave me a custom 6.5x61 Sharp and Hart (aka 6.5x61 Super) on a Mauser 98 action and I am needing to find some .264win brass so that I can do my resizing for reloading. I cannot find anything on the caliber either so if you have any info and would like to pass it along, I would love that!

My Pap has a 7x61 Sharpe & Hart and he uses 7mm Remington Mag brass if he can't find anymore Norma 7X61 Super cases. You could just neck 7 Mag brass down then trim and fire form it.

After doing a bunch of research, it was looking like 264win brass would be even less work than the 7mag. Less neck sizing and I have a Full Length die set from RCBS

After doing a bunch of research, it was looking like 264win brass would be even less work than the 7mag. Less neck sizing and I have a Full Length die set from RCBS

Ya that is true but finding .264 WIN brass can sometimes be a challenge. Don't know if you know this or not, but the 7MAG is basically identical to the .264 besides being necked up to 7mm so that is why I offered it as a solution.

I didn't know that so thanks! I have a ton of 7mag brass laying around so I may just go that route. Thanks again

There is a guy on Nosler Reloading forum that has FS in the classifieds section a 136 pieces of 7x61 Sharp & Hart Norma brass..... the real issue is it's been used an unknown number of times?

Try Midway or Huntingtons. This is the 7 x 61 S&H Super (parent catridge), Norma brass & is what's available today. Not cheap anymore. But the Norma brass & the 40 deg. shoulder on the super cartridge should give good brass life. The 6.5 mm & 7mm are very close in size, just light lube the up near the shoulder & neck, then full length size it in the 6.5x61 die (make two or three partial sizing passes, not all at once). and after a fire forming first round, you'll have your case.

The 7mm rem case resizing needs the forming dies to get a 7x61 S&H case then sizing again, as per above. Midway lists the forming dies as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.