7x61 Sharpe and Hart

rdsewell

Does anyone out there have any load data for a 7x61 S&H using Retumbo or H1000. I would like to shoot the Berger 140 or 168 VLD's. Any info will be very appreciated.

Thanks, for the info guys. Finding new load data for this gun is like hunting for new parts for a model-T.

Call Hodgdon and see what they say. I would just treat it like a wildcat and I would load starting loads for the 7mm Rem mag and work up SLOWLY. From my Hodgdon manual Retumbo and H1000 really shows no advantage over either of the 4831s. Retumbo really makes my 264 Win mag move out well above the 4831s though.

Thanks RT2506, I will try the bottom end of the 7mm mag data and work up. Will let you know results.

Tried 58gr. IMR4831with 140gr. Bergers shoots 5 rds. in one ragged hole. 67gr. Retumbo with 168gr. Bergers shoots 5 rds. a little under 3/4. So far pretty impressed. Thanks for the guidance on this guys. Will continue to tweek on it.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.