.30 Hart

PeteInPA

My father in law is looking for more accuracy at distance for his 30 Hart rifle. Its a 26 inch barrel, 1:10 twist. Shooting 180 Nosler Ballistic tips now, but thinking about moving up to 200, 210, or 220 Berger Hunting VLD.

Anyone have any load data for this rifle? Any help would be great! thanks guys!

Pete

I have proven my 30 hart out to 700 yds with a 2 inch group. You cannot go by the click chart by hart. or at least My gun was different and I feel every gun is a little different.
Is your rifle not shooting good?
I am using the load data from hart but I have noticed that bullet concentricity makes a big difference. I keep all loads within .003. outside this I either use as a fowling shot after cleaning or pull the projectile, rework the brass, and try to load again. I think some brass is just bad and cannot produce a concentric round.
I also clean the barrel every 10 shots. Once cleaned the first shot is never accurate.
I am going to prove my gun out farther after hunting season from 750 yds to 1000. after 1000 yds I run out of room and have to find another range to shoot.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.