need help info overload!!!

tommyc279

I am new so be gentle! I am in the process of building my first long range tactical/varmint rifle. building off a stevens 200 22-250 right now all i have done is a timney trigger(which is great)! I will be adding a aftermarket barrel and stock in the near future! my problem is the scope? I found the bushnell 3200 tactical 10x for $169.00 and was wondering if this this best scope for the money! I want to keep the price at 170 or below(i know thats easy)! Thank you for the help. great site and great people

tommy, I have never owned one but some people speak well of this scope for entry level LRH. $170 dosen't buy much, so if you can live with a fixed 10X, go for it. I have a 308 with a fixed 6X and when shooting the 600 yard gong I don't feel handicapped by it.

Hi Tommy,
I just tried out a new scope I bought and it seems pretty good. It is made by Leapers and it is called the Accushot series. They make several different models. Check it out on cheaperthandirt,com. I think it was right around the $170.00 mark.
It has pretty good glass and mine has a mil dot. I checked the tracking on my 300 win mag today and it seemed pretty good.
Stay away from BSA.
Good luck.

Tommy I've had one of these scopes for about 4 years now. If you are going to stay below $170 and don't need a varible power scope I don't believe it can be beat. Glass is good (not excellent) and the turrets are reliable. I don't know how well they hold up on heavy recoiling rifles but this one has seen about 2000 rounds on top of 22-250 Coyote and 6mm Rem. and it is still working good and these turrets have been cranked on a lot.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.