need good manual for reloading

mmiedema

Hi everybody! I am an avid shooter but have not yet reloaded anything. I am just getting set up with all the tools but I really want a good in depth book about precision reloading. I not talking about just the basics, I want the ins and outs of it all so I can get all the accuracy I can get. If anyone knows of a real good source of info could you please tell me what it is and where to get it? I have read manuals like speers reloading manual but I was just wondering if there was anything out there that was more in depth. Thank you

killzone
Seirra, Nosler,and Hornady all are good manuals, each has its own strong points and as a group should tell you most of what you need for precision reloading.

Chris

kz,

If you are interested in precision reloading, you may wish to go beyond the usual reloading manuals for info. Two excellent tomes I can recommend are the "Precision Shooting Reloading Guide" published by Precision Shooting, and the "Sinclair Precision Reloading Handbook" by Fred Sinclair. The Precision Shooting book is available from Sinclair International (www.sinclairintl.com), but I don't see the Sinclair book on the Sinclair webpage. Maybe a call to them would turn up something. These are not traditional reloading guides, and have no loads, rather they are books on the technique of precision loading. Good luck!

The latest Lyman manual is nice. It crosses boundaries and gives load data for several bullet manufacturers. It is nice to compare with the manufacturer's data.

KZ get the Sierra Infinity program has plenty of information
on loading, bullet comparison, trajectories, plenty to keep you occupied for several hours.The RCBS ver3 is also a good tool with many different facets to enhance shooting and loading!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.