Need bullet suggestions! 300rum

greenecj

Ok I'm shooting a Remington sendero. Im shooting the 190gr nosler ab long range. Accuracy wise I can't complain at all, it will touch holes at 100. But the wound channel is very unimpressive!
We killed 5 deer with this load this season ranging from 200-700 yards. All of them only went 20 yards max but the entrance and exit hole was horrible. 4 of the 5 were heart shots and the bullet entered the leg (breaking it) but still barely an exit wound...and little blood trail.
My only concern is what it one of those shots wouldn't of been as good, how hard would it be to find the deer or would we even loose the deer with the lack of wound channel and blood trail

I'm looking for suggestions for different bullets and loads to try. I'm looking for something that is accurate out to 800yards and has a good exit wound! I'm used to exit wounds the size of a baseball or more from my RUM's

Thanks
Cj

I've had good luck with the standard 200 grain Accubond. I seem to hear more stories like this from the LRAB.

The Hammer 166, 174, or 181 should be a good choice. I haven't run the numbers, but pick one that stays above 1800 fps in your use, and you should be good.

We've only got one kill on them, but if you like blood trails it was impressive.

I've loaded them in multiple rifles without difficulty.

I have to agree accubond or the hammer. Eight point I took with hammers from my 6.5 hit no bone in and out and the blood trail was extensive. Very easy to track.

I have good luck using the standard ballistic tips (not bonded) in mine.
Entrance is small ...smallest exit hole I've seen is size of a softball

I have good luck using the standard ballistic tips (not bonded) in mine.
Entrance is small ...smallest exit hole I've seen is size of a softball
I run those in my .257 Roy at 3450fps. And always worried about being to fast for that bullets. It is very consistent for me. Nice entrance large exit lots of blood.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.