Need Advice

NYSHUNTER

I lost all my rifles in an ugly divorce. Does anyone know of good rifle builder who can get me something by October?

Well, you could call the Savage Custom shop and talk to Effie. They can put you something together in 8 to 10 weeks. They can do a lot of stuff and I know from experience that whatever you get will shoot and be cost effective.

I lost all my rifles in an ugly divorce. Does anyone know of good rifle builder who can get me something by October?

I don't think I would risk the timeline. I would do a highend factory rifle like a cooper or something and then get your custom going after hunting season.

I'm lined up with Eric at Axisworks for a build when the rest of my stuff shows up and he said his lead times are pretty good right now. Says he wants to be the smith that you don't have to wait forever on. May be worth a call to see what the options would be. He's been top notch to deal with so far. I believe he keeps some components on hand for customer builds if you're flexible.

Eric at Axisworks also has a 6.5CM and .300WM built and ready to go.
I THINK this is close to the build specs:
R700 trued and full Nitride
PT&G bolt full Nitride
#4 or 5 Benchmark. 22" for 6.5, 24" Sendero for .300WM I think
Piercision 3 port self timing Muscle brake
McMillan A1-3 stock fully bedded
Axisworks SOL DBM on 6.5CM, Not sure on bottom metal for .300WM
Seekins 20MOA Picatinny rail
Trigger Tech Primary

I think these are $2800 each?
This is the 6.5CM

I can attest to Axisworks rifle's fit, finish, and accuracy. I have 4 Axisworks rifles, and am gathering parts for #5 as we speak. And none of them were even near this cheap!

morning, I would research the weatherby Accu-Mark or a Browning.
Or look on gunbroker or this site for very good rifles.
I bought a weatherby accu-mark in 340wbee. this is a
excellent rifle. very accurate-SS and good trigger.
justme gbot tum

What do you want exactly and for what? Axis, Alamo has five or six ready for sale and west texas ordinance has three to ship. Plus many many here then factory stuff.... If you can borrow a rifle from a buddy even better. I bet you know who your real friends are by now...

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.