Need a super quick answer!

Tyler Kemp

I'm getting a brake put on my 6mm tomorrow (FINALLY!) but I don't know the thread twist/pitch, whatever it's called. Can anyone help? It's a SSG Vaporizer brake.

if the person that's putting it on can't figure out what thread it has, i'd be leary of letting him do it!

it's a question that probably can't be answered. most have different size threads for different applications and barrel diameters.

Most popular is 1/2" x 28 threads to the inch.
Dave was right on with his comment. If the installer can't figure the thread pitch out don't let him near your rifle.

Tyler,

The important part, IF the brake doesn't have openings all the way around, (side ports only) is indexing the barrel so that the ports are exactly perpendicular to the plane of the rifle.

I have one that is ever so slightly slanted. It makes no difference in shooting but it flat drives me nuts:rolleyes: (I heard they have pills for thatlightbulb)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.