Need a super quick answer!

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Tyler Kemp, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Tyler Kemp

Tyler Kemp SPONSOR

I'm getting a brake put on my 6mm tomorrow (FINALLY!) but I don't know the thread twist/pitch, whatever it's called. Can anyone help? It's a SSG Vaporizer brake.

2. davewilson

davewilson Well-Known Member

if the person that's putting it on can't figure out what thread it has, i'd be leary of letting him do it!

it's a question that probably can't be answered. most have different size threads for different applications and barrel diameters.

3. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Dave was quick with the correct answer.....

4. Tyler Kemp

Tyler Kemp SPONSOR

I see, I just showed my naivity. I guess I'll just take it to him!

5. squirrelduster

squirrelduster Well-Known Member

Most popular is 1/2" x 28 threads to the inch.
    Dave was right on with his comment. If the installer can't figure the thread pitch out don't let him near your rifle.

6. esshup

esshup Well-Known Member

A pitch gauge and micrometer won't lie. That's the easiest way to get the answer!

7. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Tyler,

The important part, IF the brake doesn't have openings all the way around, (side ports only) is indexing the barrel so that the ports are exactly perpendicular to the plane of the rifle.

I have one that is ever so slightly slanted. It makes no difference in shooting but it flat drives me nuts:rolleyes: (I heard they have pills for thatlightbulb)