New member from England

In England? Going thru England with a firearm it's my understanding was impossible. Now if you are setting up for match. You have people picking items up for you.That's possible a different story, but just travel through there on your way to Africa was a different story. That was 2018. So I looked it up and it appears rules have changed.

Yeah it's been a minute since then, maybe things have gotten better since your last experience.....We all flew into London Heathrow with our firearms and had them in our possession the entire time. The only thing handled by other folks was the ammo that we shipped two months prior. We also flew with the max limit of ammo which is 5kg or about 11lbs.

To be fair, I think the plan is to visit MT for a few weeks in June. It's actually my honeymoon! With it being out of general hunting season, I'd love to do some fishing and ideally get out into the back and beyond. I'd like to find a guide who could take us into the mountains with mules or horses for a few days and do some camping and fishing..

And/or, I'd love to shoot some PD. but my knowledge of where to go and who to speak to is non-existent! I'd really like the real experience rather than paying a fortune to go on a nature walk or catch stocked fish..

Any help or advice would be great!

Just be aware, GRIZ lives there.. Stay safe!

So are you a fly fisherman.
I have never done it.
Hmm yes, a play on words I guess.. I fly and I'm a fisherman, I do also fly fish.. I fish for trout (brown and rainbow) and also salmon, the salmon fishing in the UK is a shadow of what it once was. My father was a Ghillie and I grew up on the river bank in Scotland. If I had known how bad the runs of salmon would get in 30 years, I would have fished more as a kid.. instead all I wanted to do was shoot things! That bit hasn't changed!!

I'd love to see them.. and all of the other wildlife, I'm hoping if I can find a guide then we can get off the trail and do some scouting with somebody who knows the area..
Seeing them, and being close to them, are two different things. The first will give you some great photographs. The second, may make you their lunch. Never go into Grizzly country without some heavy firepower.