Need a ring recommendation

My Vortex Tacticals let the scope move for the third time. I'm looking at some of the one piece mounts, that replaces the 20 moa rail too.

But before I spend $250 on the Nightforce one piece, are there any rings I should look at?

View attachment 237793

I have been using the ARC M-10 rings for several years now & have never had a problem or any ring marks!
I would highly recommend these to anyone!

If I am not mistaken, @Overkill338 decided on Burris XTR sig with inserts, which is an excellent choice for the money.
You are correct sir. This was the third time my scope slipped on this rifle. Making it the FIRST scope I've ever had to move after mounting.

@ntsqd I bought the "Vortex" rings off ebay, and at the time I didn't know fakes were being sold. Looking at things now, I'm about 99% sure they are fakes.

My Burris Signature XTR rings came today. I used the inserts to add 5 more MOA to my rail, which has 20. Doubt it will zero at 100yards now, oh well.

Thanks @FEENIX for the suggestion.

Attachments

• 20210104_222649_copy_954x1718.jpg
    20210104_222649_copy_954x1718.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 69
Man I have never seen rings slip that have been lapped and torqued correctly. Even the super cheep ones from E-bay. I really don't understand why everyone doesn't do this.

Man I have never seen rings slip that have been lapped and torqued correctly. Even the super cheep ones from E-bay. I really don't understand why everyone doesn't do this.
I never had any slip period. Regardless of price or type. This was a first for me.

As far as why "everyone" doesn't do that. For most people it's impractical to spend $100 on a torque wrench thats only good for installing scopes. The biggest majority install a scope, maybe once every 5 or 10 years.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.