Near bases for Sako 75 - TOUGH TO FIND!!

toader

I am looking to put on a Near Base on my Sako 75 rifle, and man are they tought to come by!!

I emailed Mr. near himself, and he stated that they were out of them. I also tried to call Near to see when they would be in production, and see if I could get on the "list" to purchase one - stiil waiting on return call.

Any gunsmiths or shooters supply stores sell these for the Sako 75?? Any other quality rails out there? I also called and talked to US Optics - if I send them my rifle they can make one custom for $200. Any other suggestions?

I want to put this on my hunting rifle with either a flat or 10 MOA base. All help is appreciated!!

I am fine with the price - you get what you pay for, but getting one is the problem!!!!!

Tough to come by - is Near MFG just a small shop?? I seen on here that someone said they will not have for the Sako 75's for at least a year?? I don't undertand that!!

Hello: Richard Near use to be great to deal with and yes he is a small shop or was. I haven't got anything from him in about a year or so. His Sako bases are great if you can get one. I had no problem at the time getting one a few years ago. I know his business has increased dramatically in the past few years so maybe having growing pains. As far as I know and could find out is that no one else makes bases like these. Another option to get your MOA would be to use Burris Signature rings with the off set inserts. That was the way I was going to go until I found Near. I know this don't help much. Sam.

I contacted Richard, at Near mfg last week about getting several bases for a couple of Sako projects I am working on. He does not have any in stock and didn't know when he was going to have time to do any. Basically, he is busy working on more popular (money making) projects and does not have time to re-tool/program for 3-4 bases.

Since I need these bases, I would like to put together a LRH buy so that those in need can get these for their projects.

I have one Near base for a Sako, and they are the best bases money can buy – especially when you consider the machine fit in the dovetail of the Sako action.

If you want a Sako base now is the time to get together and make a group order so he will machine these before the end of the year. Let me know.

Please help me!!

Near is out of rails for the Sako 75 action and doesn't seem in any hurry to make any more.

I need a dependable scope mounting system for my rifles. These are hunting rifles so I don't need any 20 MOA rails--just a great solid scope mount that won't come loose on a hunt!!

Here's what I am looking at now - PLEASE give me your thoughts and suggestions!!

* Tally has bases and rings for Sako 75 actions

* Warne has rings-mounts for Sako 75's

* I have my Opti-Loks- never had a problem,but
still not 100% confident in them!!

* Sell my guns and get a custom rifle made??

Please help- I am getting desperate!! Price is out of the picture - I want a good scope mounting system!!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.