NcStar Scopes

linemo

I am looking at affordable optics for a new bolt action budget rifle in 7mm08 .These scopes have good features and are economically priced any one have these or have used them. Thanks

You'd be better off using iron sights.
Spend a little more money and get something that will at least function reliably. Simmons makes cheap scopes that will at least hold zero.

the ncstar line LOOKS tacticool as any scope out there. they are great at looking at a real long range scope. preforming like a real long range scope is a completly diffrent story.

function is more important that features and looks. your better off with a scope without all the bells and whistles, but the features it does have work

these scopes are worthless,other than maybe for disposable prop guns for movies. don't waste your money. save up and buy at least a millett or a leatherwood before you buy a ncstar.

I have never owned a Nightforce, a Zeiss, a Swarovski or a Scmidt and Bender. I have 4200 and 6500 Elites, a older military contract Super Sniper a Monarch and a few aimpoints. I do have a Leatherwood CMR on a hog machine. It is as tough as anything I have and is precise and clear. I believe it ranks up there with much higher end scopes in those catagories. If you need magnification or quality go used. There is a chinese scope manufacturer that has decent optics. They make Konus and Hawk scopes if I am not mistaken.. If you get their high end stuff used, you will probably be more happy than some of the scope snobs will like.

I believe another LRH member summed it up quite nicely with- "NCStar scopes have a lot in common with dog ****."

Sorry I don't know who to credit the quote to, but he's got it right.

NCStar scopes are paperweights at the best of times, and their salesmen have forked tongues. Stay away.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.