NcStar Scopes

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by linemo, Apr 25, 2012.

1. linemo

linemo New Member

I am looking at affordable optics for a new bolt action budget rifle in 7mm08 .These scopes have good features and are economically priced any one have these or have used them. Thanks

2. nateisw

nateisw Well-Known Member

You'd be better off using iron sights.
    Spend a little more money and get something that will at least function reliably. Simmons makes cheap scopes that will at least hold zero.

3. 42769vette

42769vette Well-Known Member

the ncstar line LOOKS tacticool as any scope out there. they are great at looking at a real long range scope. preforming like a real long range scope is a completly diffrent story.

function is more important that features and looks. your better off with a scope without all the bells and whistles, but the features it does have work

4. stangfish

stangfish Well-Known Member

Run Forrest Run! My son was raped by an unscrupulous salesman.

5. 42769vette

42769vette Well-Known Member

he isnt the only one. they got me many years ago.

god bless the internet

6. vegas steve

vegas steve Well-Known Member

these scopes are worthless,other than maybe for disposable prop guns for movies. don't waste your money. save up and buy at least a millett or a leatherwood before you buy a ncstar.

7. stangfish

stangfish Well-Known Member

I have never owned a Nightforce, a Zeiss, a Swarovski or a Scmidt and Bender. I have 4200 and 6500 Elites, a older military contract Super Sniper a Monarch and a few aimpoints. I do have a Leatherwood CMR on a hog machine. It is as tough as anything I have and is precise and clear. I believe it ranks up there with much higher end scopes in those catagories. If you need magnification or quality go used. There is a chinese scope manufacturer that has decent optics. They make Konus and Hawk scopes if I am not mistaken.. If you get their high end stuff used, you will probably be more happy than some of the scope snobs will like.

8. SaskShooter

SaskShooter Well-Known Member

I believe another LRH member summed it up quite nicely with- "NCStar scopes have a lot in common with dog sh*t."

Sorry I don't know who to credit the quote to, but he's got it right.

NCStar scopes are paperweights at the best of times, and their salesmen have forked tongues. Stay away.