NcStar Optics Has anyone heard of them?

texasdave

Was wondering if anyone had heard of them and their scopes. Also wanted to know how good their product is. Any informantion is greatly appreciated.
Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Dave,

I tried one of their scopes in a 7mm rem mag. Don't do it, even for the cheap price. Sent it to them and received another. That one broke on a 25-06.

At this point, I think I am going to mount the scope in a air rifle. If it can handle the recoil of the red rider /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If you are looking from a price point, my friend has a Red Head 6x18 from Bass Pro for 79.00. Actually a descent scope for the money, has it on a 270.

Duane

I thought that might be the case. I was offered a national distributorship of all their products but thought they might be poorly made.
I really appreciate the info
Thanks

Texas Dave,
A friend of mine has one of these scopes on his 264 Win Mag ,after shooting it one after noon last fall I can honestly say that it is the worst scope on the planet, it makes a tasco look like a Nightforce.
China garbage!!!!!!!
Even if it is only 20 bucks it is still like flushing 20 bucks down the toilet

I have 2,one on a 34inch 45 cal blackpowder shooting 150g fff with 385 g no problems yet,2years old.The other is on a lone eagle in 357max,no problems with it.Sorry 3,the other is on a 12g deer gun,2 years old,no problems.They are made in a tasco plant,the 30mil red dot on my 12g auto is the same as a pro point 30 mil,i use a 2x doubler on the front of it and swap out the doubler to my deer rifle in the woods.SAME thing as a TASCO.

[ QUOTE ]
I have 2,one on a 34inch 45 cal blackpowder shooting 150g fff with 385 g no problems yet,2years old.The other is on a lone eagle in 357max,no problems with it.Sorry 3,the other is on a 12g deer gun,2 years old,no problems.They are made in a tasco plant,the 30mil red dot on my 12g auto is the same as a pro point 30 mil,i use a 2x doubler on the front of it and swap out the doubler to my deer rifle in the woods.SAME thing as a TASCO.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am ashamed to admit that I do own 1 Tasco scope that is on a 17hmr and the optics on that gun are much better than my friends 264 Win Mag with the NcStar, if the scopes are made in Tascos plants they must be a lower line (like McDonalds 99cent value menu)
B

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.