NcStar Optics Has anyone heard of them?

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by texasdave, Jan 19, 2005.

1. texasdave

texasdave Well-Known Member

Was wondering if anyone had heard of them and their scopes. Also wanted to know how good their product is. Any informantion is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

2. DHegy

DHegy Member

Dave,

I tried one of their scopes in a 7mm rem mag. Don't do it, even for the cheap price. Sent it to them and received another. That one broke on a 25-06.

At this point, I think I am going to mount the scope in a air rifle. If it can handle the recoil of the red rider /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If you are looking from a price point, my friend has a Red Head 6x18 from Bass Pro for 79.00. Actually a descent scope for the money, has it on a 270.

Duane

3. texasdave

texasdave Well-Known Member

I thought that might be the case. I was offered a national distributorship of all their products but thought they might be poorly made.
    I really appreciate the info
    Thanks

4. brian b

brian b Well-Known Member

Texas Dave,
    A friend of mine has one of these scopes on his 264 Win Mag ,after shooting it one after noon last fall I can honestly say that it is the worst scope on the planet, it makes a tasco look like a Nightforce.
    China garbage!!!!!!!
    Even if it is only 20 bucks it is still like flushing 20 bucks down the toilet

5. thocon

thocon Well-Known Member

I have 2,one on a 34inch 45 cal blackpowder shooting 150g fff with 385 g no problems yet,2years old.The other is on a lone eagle in 357max,no problems with it.Sorry 3,the other is on a 12g deer gun,2 years old,no problems.They are made in a tasco plant,the 30mil red dot on my 12g auto is the same as a pro point 30 mil,i use a 2x doubler on the front of it and swap out the doubler to my deer rifle in the woods.SAME thing as a TASCO.

6. brian b

brian b Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I have 2,one on a 34inch 45 cal blackpowder shooting 150g fff with 385 g no problems yet,2years old.The other is on a lone eagle in 357max,no problems with it.Sorry 3,the other is on a 12g deer gun,2 years old,no problems.They are made in a tasco plant,the 30mil red dot on my 12g auto is the same as a pro point 30 mil,i use a 2x doubler on the front of it and swap out the doubler to my deer rifle in the woods.SAME thing as a TASCO.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I am ashamed to admit that I do own 1 Tasco scope that is on a 17hmr and the optics on that gun are much better than my friends 264 Win Mag with the NcStar, if the scopes are made in Tascos plants they must be a lower line (like McDonalds 99cent value menu)
    B