My Wyoming Pronghorn

Then your a master at taking pictures to make them look good, I would have put him a little over 80, a little weak on lower mass but his next measurement looks good, decent diggers, and length looks over 15. Here is my goat that taped out at a little over 81 green, length was 15" and 14-7/8". Doesn't have the best mass, but his diggers and ok length made up for it.

That looks like a great goat to me. Good job.
20180526_002251.jpg
20180526_002126.jpg

IF I remember correctly for field judging the ears are 6" . I don't hunt them now but they kept my Grandparents alive during the great depression in Wyoming .

I had a great time in Wyoming this last week. I have an old friend from High School that lives there so it was fun to spend some time together. I never did find a giant pronghorn in my unit but I was able to look over about 300 different bucks before I pulled the trigger. I saw a few that might have been slightly bigger but at the moment I had an itchy trigger finger and I am really happy with him.

EDCE75-A7-0-B6-F-4-A7-C-9-BF9-A1-A2-D570310-C.jpg

AD2-B2-E1-A-6-C93-4-B71-A1-D3-FEFAF0-E3-C389.jpg

I also was able to remove 4 of these from Wyoming in 3 days. I could have had about 8 coyotes if I was better. I still have a deer tag in NM and Colorado and a late archery elk hunt in NM so I doubt I break 50 coyotes this year.

5584-F72-E-593-E-49-D3-8-B06-42994-A04-C6-D7.jpg

I also came across a couple rattlesnakes. They make me jumpy every time I come across them still. It does add to the adventure though.

4-BE55926-F8-C1-426-F-BE8-B-4-A524-B00-A52-A.jpg

For those interested in bullet performance, here is a picture of what was left of the 6mm 115 grain Berger bullet. I haven't weighed it yet but I'm guessing around only 40 grains left but it preformed flawlessly. Impact velocity would be close to 2400 fps. Pronghorn was bedded broadside and bullet entered dead center of right shoulder and was found on the far side of the left shoulder. It shattered bone on both the left and right shoulder. The pronghorn never got out of his bed.

2-B74-BB2-D-EE5-A-4-F15-B9-E6-6-D5-FFC89-DB60.jpg
Looks like a great trip and great lope buck too ! Congrats !

Well...i'll be the first to tell you that's one heck of a goat....long horns..really good cutters..and mass.....it will score well...but it's is an awesome specimen of the species...
i bet high 80s...
but let's get some scores thrown out here....i will say 87" total...
Get it scored and wait a few days before revealing.....lets see what people think....
i am also going with that it has two horns...cause it looks like a unicorn....
I can't see the other horn but if like one I see if guess at least ..... 84 in. :) Hell of s goat !

Very nice no matter what the scope is! Congrats!!

Ah...a nay sayer......ha
This is like learning reloading....a great picture of one horn...we have to guess what the other horn looks like...and most of all...it gives everyone a chance to field judge based on criteria of the animal itself...no hands..no pop cans..no tape measure to compare......is the photo showing us a good photo of a really nice billie...
or is it deceiving us and showing a nice billie....
Like the 'enquirer'.....i want to know....
I was tossing around the idea of heading that way for a goat for past several years.....and i live in idaho....a couple hours away......still haven't made it....
But I will admit....i don't hunt for scores....i hunt for unique animals or old broken battered critters...much like myself...

Gorgeous buck, congratulations!
Only because i just scored my buck on friday and its all fresh in my head, Id say about 75" looks accurate. Maybe plus or minus one inch from there. Im certainly no expert, but Im very interested to see what he tapes out at.
Again, great buck!!

I had a great time in Wyoming this last week. I have an old friend from High School that lives there so it was fun to spend some time together. I never did find a giant pronghorn in my unit but I was able to look over about 300 different bucks before I pulled the trigger. I saw a few that might have been slightly bigger but at the moment I had an itchy trigger finger and I am really happy with him.

EDCE75-A7-0-B6-F-4-A7-C-9-BF9-A1-A2-D570310-C.jpg

AD2-B2-E1-A-6-C93-4-B71-A1-D3-FEFAF0-E3-C389.jpg

I also was able to remove 4 of these from Wyoming in 3 days. I could have had about 8 coyotes if I was better. I still have a deer tag in NM and Colorado and a late archery elk hunt in NM so I doubt I break 50 coyotes this year.

5584-F72-E-593-E-49-D3-8-B06-42994-A04-C6-D7.jpg

I also came across a couple rattlesnakes. They make me jumpy every time I come across them still. It does add to the adventure though.

4-BE55926-F8-C1-426-F-BE8-B-4-A524-B00-A52-A.jpg

For those interested in bullet performance, here is a picture of what was left of the 6mm 115 grain Berger bullet. I haven't weighed it yet but I'm guessing around only 40 grains left but it preformed flawlessly. Impact velocity would be close to 2400 fps. Pronghorn was bedded broadside and bullet entered dead center of right shoulder and was found on the far side of the left shoulder. It shattered bone on both the left and right shoulder. The pronghorn never got out of his bed.

2-B74-BB2-D-EE5-A-4-F15-B9-E6-6-D5-FFC89-DB60.jpg
Great goat!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.