Wyoming Pronghorn unit 73

WahooYahoo

I guess the number of applicants must be increasing rapidly. I have in past years drawn 2nd choice unit that no one wants because they're difficult to find access in. I did this so I could hunt something but build points for better units later. This year I got doe tags in the random draw for unit 73 but didn't draw my 2nd or 3rd choice units for a buck in units that are typically sure things even for 2nd choice. Which isn't, for me, a bad deal. I LOVE antelope meat and I have 2 doe tags. I'm good with that, but shopping for a buck takes time. Boxing 2 does... that hunt is over before it starts. So I know a couple of ok fishing spots down near Glenrock but they are just ok. I'd really like to get a sage grouse and then spend a little time on some prairie dogs. would anyone help a fella out with a little guidance? There is a patch of prairie dogs I visit too, but its a fairly long drive from unit 73.

Thank Ya'll in advance,
Erik
[email protected]

Aint much help with sage grouse....yet but 73 has more prairie dogs than goats. 4 miles north of 26 on 33 there is a dog town on both sides of road and most of them are on public. Also there are a few on public on the north end of 73 just into 21 lone bear and deadhorse roads.
I have never hunted the 73 area much but there has to be dogs up on 50 mile flats and a few elswhere. We are heading that direction tomorrow to check out deer area 36 and might find some dogs ?

Aint much help with sage grouse....yet but 73 has more prairie dogs than goats. 4 miles north of 26 on 33 there is a dog town on both sides of road and most of them are on public. Also there are a few on public on the north end of 73 just into 21 lone bear and deadhorse roads.
I have never hunted the 73 area much but there has to be dogs up on 50 mile flats and a few elswhere. We are heading that direction tomorrow to check out deer area 36 and might find some dogs ?
Fantastic! Thank you greatly.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.