Wyoming Antelope Unit 73

robsev

First year as residents drew a Unit 73 antelope tag. Anyone ever hunted this unit before? Looking for any help we can get. We'll be hunting public land. I heard it may be better to wait until the second week maybe to avoid a gazillion other hunters.

I also drew tags for that unit this year but nonresident. Never hunted over there but my cousin owns a ranch over there and talking to him there are some nice antelope and plenty of them.

I drew a 73 tag also as my second choice.I drove trough the area years ago so it will be pretty new to me too. I remember it as nice looking antelope habitat.

I have not hunted 73 but I looked over the southern part of it last year while hunting a neighboring unit (71). I saw several good bucks but most of them were on private land, I would contact some local landowners and see about tresspass permission.

I drew a 73 tag also as my second choice.I drove trough the area years ago so it will be pretty new to me too. I remember it as nice looking antelope habitat.

I couldn't draw it last year as a first choice with a P-Point !

Bob

I went for the highpriced tag for the area I wanted to hunt. I had to make my second choice the same kind of tag.
Anyone know a good place to stay in Casper?:rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.