My Wyoming Pronghorn

You had great Wyo hunt for sure. Definite shooter buck. Plus coyotes and rattler..had one hit my boot 2 yrs ago in sage..never saw him till too late and didn't puncture..very dead snake. Great pics of very nice goat.

Nice looking jetalope. I'd like more pics of him but guesstimate 76.5. other side course could make or break... I'd definitely have taken him happily!!
Great looking hunt!

5584-F72-E-593-E-49-D3-8-B06-42994-A04-C6-D7.jpg

I'm curious if you used the same rifle and round on the yotes as the goat?

I'm curious if you used the same rifle and round on the yotes as the goat?

I brought 4 guns with me, two 223 for prairie dogs and an AR10 6mm creedmoor and a bolt action 6mm creedmoor. I killed 3 of the coyotes with the AR10 and 80 gr nosler ballistic tips. The pronghorn and one of the coyotes with the bolt action 6mm with 115 gr Berger's. The 115 gr Berger left a big exit hole on the coyote that was a mess. He was hit right behind the shoulder and I'm sure his lungs were shattered but he still ran about 40 yards after the shot and initially I thought I didn't make a great shot. He was about 200 yards and the shot felt good but I did rush it so I thought I messed up.

I've shot a number of coyotes with the 80 gr ballistic tips and would estimate only about 25% have more than a small entrance hole but the internal damage is extensive and they normally drop instantly, even when I haven't made a perfect shot. I've probably killed over 50 coyotes with 40 gr nosler varmaggedons out of my 223's with a muzzle velocity around 3400 FPS and they have done a fantastic job of instantly dropping coyotes. If I think I might be shoot more than 200 yards or it is windy, I'll pick up my 22-250 or 6mm Creedmoor. Those little 40 gr bullets loose there velocity/energy so fast and get blown by the wind so bad they are really a poor choice for longer shots but have been fantastic for closer shots.

Nice.

I saw several coyotes when I was there in early Sep and only shot one. I used heavy 224 bullets on it. The 88gr ELD-M did a good job at 740yds of knocking it in the dirt. I'm going to put in for a buck tag next year and take my 243 if I get drawn.

Did you ever scorexthe antelope.....curious if i lost another pizza bet.....lost a lot of those at the taxidermist shop...but i ate well.....
Score that buggar.....

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.