My Project

bugthor

My Project (updated)

Completed my first real rifle build. Started out as a Yugo Mauser 24/47.
I made the bolt handle, installed Adams & Bennet barrel and a friend showed me how to hand finished the chamber. Drilled and tapped the reciever for Leupold 1 piece base. Sits in a Boyd's stock and Bold trigger. Did all the work myself in the garage, except for my buddy showing me the chamber cutting and using his barrel vise. Fun project and a great learning experience.
I am waiting on different rings to install a 56mm obj scope.
Thanks for looking.

Finishedproduct.jpg

Base (minimum) reload results at 100 yd Last group today as barrel break in is started.

2ndgroup.jpg

Last edited:
That takes a level of patience I wish I had, and a level of skill I dream of. Thats by far the best looking Mauser Ive seen yet! Very nice work.:)

Very Nice !!

It is fun to do your own work and very rewarding.

Now the addiction starts (More Builds).

J E CUSTOM

Congratulations on your first build and the handsome work you've done. Great looking rig, nice pics. Thanks for sharing.

Theres a guy that posted a question in ''rifles,bullets,barrels,&balistics'' wondering if he should buy a Mauser........I wanted to tell him to look at this one, but couldnt remember where Id seen it. You should send him a pic. A rifle like that would remove any doubt about what a Mauser could be!
Again great lookin rig

Thanks for the kind word and encouragement. I got the scope on and will provide another picture after I get back from the range.
Thanks again,
Mark

I'll have to give you the looks good comment! not bad at all. Mausers are great rifles granted they take some work they are for the most part bullet proof actions. I'm sorry to let you in on this little secret but I built my first Mauser back in 1998 and well I can't stop :D it's awesome when you take a rifle that you built with loads you made and take your first game animal, you will have to let your hat out so it will fit your head.

Good job on the rifle I was wondering when you PM'ed me about your idea on the bolt handle but dude it turned out great! Good job. Later,

Kirk

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts