My latest project

trapperluke

Heres my latest project. It's a savage 11 action,26" shilen varmint contour 223 caliber barrel, stockade stock that I finished in coyote tan cerakote with black and white webbing, the metal is all cerakoted sniper grey.
savage223006.jpg

I really like the stock, it's the third one I've used. The only draw back is they are alittle on the heavy side, but I think most stocks of that style are alittle heavy.

Very nice! I like the look of that sniper grey. May have to try that color on my 300wm when I get done toying with it. Did you do the coating yourself? If so did you blast metal before application or use another method? Also was this air dry cerakote?

Thanks, I did the coating my self. I bead blast all the metal and use heat cure cerakote on the metal and the air dry on the stock.

Congrats!!!
Very nice result. Nice work you did there.
I have a 223 Rem also, that I just got from the smith. The mistake I made was ordering a Ramline Stock for it. Shity stock, just dont like it at all, it twists when you put pressure on it. Will have to upgrade that soon.
Thanks for sharing it.
What scope are you setting it up with?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts