My latest project

Discussion in 'Gun Photos' started by trapperluke, May 6, 2011.

1. trapperluke

trapperluke Well-Known Member

Heres my latest project. It's a savage 11 action,26" shilen varmint contour 223 caliber barrel, stockade stock that I finished in coyote tan cerakote with black and white webbing, the metal is all cerakoted sniper grey. [​IMG]

2. bosstom

bosstom Well-Known Member

Very nice, your build is very similar to the 243ai that I recently finished.

3. jskmtd

jskmtd Well-Known Member

Very nice!!! How do you like the stock? I think that is the stock I'm going to try on my next Savage.

4. trapperluke

I really like the stock, it's the third one I've used. The only draw back is they are alittle on the heavy side, but I think most stocks of that style are alittle heavy.

5. rinodods

rinodods Well-Known Member

Very nice! I like the look of that sniper grey. May have to try that color on my 300wm when I get done toying with it. Did you do the coating yourself? If so did you blast metal before application or use another method? Also was this air dry cerakote?

6. trapperluke

Thanks, I did the coating my self. I bead blast all the metal and use heat cure cerakote on the metal and the air dry on the stock.

7. BenY 2013

BenY 2013 Well-Known Member

That is one great looking rifle, good job:cool:

8. HUAINAMACHERO

HUAINAMACHERO Well-Known Member

Congrats!!!
    Very nice result. Nice work you did there.
    I have a 223 Rem also, that I just got from the smith. The mistake I made was ordering a Ramline Stock for it. Shity stock, just dont like it at all, it twists when you put pressure on it. Will have to upgrade that soon.
    Thanks for sharing it.
    What scope are you setting it up with?