My new set up for 1,000 yds.

That small caliber is really affected by wind, it will be double value if you where sitting next to a 300wsm at1000, but it is very accurate, depending on range, you want to know wind at many locations on way 1000 is far.I shot with a friend today that had to do a 30'' windage and I THOUGHT IT WAS CALM. I f you have room, or a berm or something, set up sighter that you can watch for impact, spotter in a good scope.This will help combat wind , shot first thing in day, calm , and beat the mirage,look for it in scope. We used clay pigeon for siter. easy to see, sheet of osb with butcher paper is good backer for shots. I f conditions good send them quick so wind has least impact on group, have fun.

I just added a chart you can down load and print to adjust your sighters on your 1000 yd target to the other thread on in my first post at top.

joseph

Actually the 6mm BR with the 105 VLD is very similar to the 300 wsm shooting the 190 or 210 at 1000 yards. They is less than 1 MOA of difference in wind drift at 1000 yards. The best thing is the reduced recoil!!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.