My New Remarms ADL 7mm RM.

That factory 7 RM continues to amaze me. I don't know if I sent the load work I did with my factory ADL in 7 RM. Here it is.

View attachment 558216

Then I decided to build one that I chambered the barrel and a Kelbly action. The ADL outshines the custom built.
No you didn't. Thanks for the info. I'll have to get started on the Staball HD load work up. Thanks Nez!

Next
That factory 7 RM continues to amaze me. I don't know if I sent the load work I did with my factory ADL in 7 RM. Here it is.

View attachment 558216

Then I decided to build one that I chambered the barrel and a Kelbly action. The ADL outshines the custom built.
#3,4, and 5 are pretty tight! I didn't realize the charge weights were different at first lol.

I acquired an old Walker trigger. It should be here today. I'll try to install it sometime next week and re-zero the rifle. The stock was never properly torque since I need to get a different allen wrench bit for the front screw. It's torqued to around 40 inch pounds guess by hand. I considered using the last of my eight rounds of fire forming handloads for some sort of milk jug challenge but that seems like a waste of ammo. The 180 gr ELDM's went up in price again and they seem sold out from my work's distributor and Powder Valley. So I'll do some load work up with the Staball HD and my remaining 180gr ELDM's. I'll confirm my loads from 800 yards to a mile if possible. This time of year the sheep herders and ranchers start moving their herds on open range.

So I'm not the only one that has to deal with those pesky mookers out there on blm.
Yes It Is GIF

Well heck I just realized that I got the trigger yesterday lol. It's been a rougher than usual month and it hit me this week with some sort of bug. I may give it a day or two so I can get my wits about me before I do any rifle work.

Ok so I had to modify the safety on the new/ old Walker trigger. It had the "lock the bolt" type safety lever. But the new Remarms actions aren't cut for it so it won't fit. I cut the extend part of the lever with a cutting wheel and now it fits. Cleaned the trigger with cigarette lighter fluid and scrapped off all the glue. I reset the sear engagement since it didn't have enough sear engagement imo. So after that I reset the over travel and the trigger weight. It breaks very clean with almost no overtravel. I set the weight at 2 1/4 lbs and checked it for safe function. Re-glued all the screws and put it back into the KRG Bravo stock. First pull felt like it was under 2 lbs. It actually feels lighter than 1 1/2 lbs. I'll test it throughout the day and then pull the action off the stock tomorrow for more safety and trigger pull weight tests. If it still feels to light I'll increase the trigger pull weight and maybe even the sear engagement.

Last edited:
Ok so I had to modify the safety on the new/ old Walker trigger. It had the "lock the bolt" type safety lever. But the new Remarms actions aren't cut for it so it won't fit. I cut the extend part of the lever with a cutting wheel and now it fits. Cleaned the trigger with cigarette lighter fluid and scrapped off all the glue. I reset the sear engagement since it didn't have enough sear engagement imo. So after that I reset the over travel and the trigger weight. It breaks very clean with almost no overtravel. I set the weight at 2 1/4 lbs and checked it for safe function. Re-glued all the screws and put it back into the KRG Bravo stock. First pull felt like it was under 2 lbs. It actually feels lighter than 1 1/2 lbs. I'll test it throughout the day and then pull the action off the stock tomorrow for more safety and trigger pull weight tests. If it still feels to light I'll increase the trigger pull weight and maybe even the sear engagement.
I had to do something similar before with the Remington 700 style trigger when I put it in a Bighorn Origin.
The bolt release lever had no where to go and would interfere with mounting so I removed it.

Glad you got a nice feel setting that older trigger!