HSM 7mm RM 180VLD?

Totoro

Hey fellas, anyone shooting the HSM 7RM 180VLD in a factory chambered rifle?

Just wondering how well they shoot compared to favorite load?

My Sendero eats 162 ELDX with consistent accuracy just want to bump up the weight.

Thoughts?

100, Berger recommends 1:9 for the 168 and 180 VLD. I've loaded the 168 for six factory rifles 1:9.25 and they shot excellent groups. Haven't loaded any 180's, but with the same twist recommendation for the 180's can't see them not performing well. H1000 was the most productive powder. I've seen HSM ammo shoot quite well. Good luck

I shoot 180s out of my sendero and they are grouping right at half inch, not subtracting bullet diameter. I am Using retumbo and they are flying 2830 fps. They are in the lands and they load in the mag just fine. I also have room to bump them up to 2950 but they shoot better in the lower node.

Hey fellas, anyone shooting the HSM 7RM 180VLD in a factory chambered rifle?

Just wondering how well they shoot compared to favorite load?

My Sendero eats 162 ELDX with consistent accuracy just want to bump up the weight.

Thoughts?

My hunting buddy shoots the HSM 180 VLD (stock # BER-7MAG180VLD) with very good results out of his WBTY Accumark 7MM Rem Mag all factory except for a muzzle brake install. He does not reload so I got him hooked with HSM's line since 2012.

Thus far he has harvested ...

2012 - cow elk, 1 muley buck, 1 WT doe, antelope buck
2013 - bull elk, 1 muley buck, 1 WT doe, antelope buck
2014 - 1 muley buck, 1 WT doe
2015 - 1 muley buck, 1 WT doe, antelope buck
2016 - 1 muley buck, 1 WT doe

All are within 300 yards and DRTs ... not too shabby IMHO.

Good luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.