My new A2 Bell & Carlson

Jinx-)

Just open up package where my replacement stock for my Rem 700 BDL, made by Bell & Carlson. It looks good on the outside but inside of it got me concern...
Is that how B&C usually looks or I got jinxed again...

bc1j.jpg

2i0gri8.jpg

fnsghc.jpg

6o36ur.jpg

2wdrmup.jpg

If you remember, I had an original synthetic stock which I tried to bed, which was a bit complicated...
244nymb.jpg

Last edited:
with the little help of dremel I was able to fit my receiver in the stock and took it to the range, so far I haven't notice any improvement versus factory bedded stock (0.35" - 0.45") at 100 yards, 0.7" at 200 yards and 1.1" at 300

I will glass bedded and see if it will improve. However this stock feels nice to hold, very firm, good grip, very steady compare to the factory.

I'm no expert on B&C or any stocks for that matter but, IMHO it doesn't look to impressive to me. Hopefully those in the know will comment.

I have had a couple of their stocks through the years and I've seen a few others and thats about how I remember them all looking.

As far as your groups go if it shot .7" at 200 yards thats well under a half moa.

I wouldn't complain about the finsh or the groups. I would just shoot it and be happy.

So I shouldn't be complaining ant this is how they all are out the box? Well just another reason to get that Devcon 10110 and get it right... Thing is I was getting 0.7" at 200 before this replacement from the original SPS Remington stock which I sort of bedded so barrel would free-float... by the way here is 300 yard group I shot from it today

bcrem300.jpg

Oh well it cost you two hundred dollars to have a more comfortable stock. I'll bet it will fit better in field shooting conditions than the factory stock anyway, and that is when it will pay off.

Guys, correct me if I'm wrong. If thats 0.7" at 200 yards then that gun would have been shooting 0.35 MOA. Now at 300 yrds its shooting 1.1116 which should be at 0.37 MOA. I don't get it, wheres the problem? What am I not seeing here?

The fifth bullet probably hit the same hole on the right, couldn't find any other poi, why I asked, well I never had B&C stock and I was curious if this is normal what I have, the air bubbles voids and cracks...

but if comparing here is what I had before B&C A2 stock this was shot at 100 yards

bcrem1002.jpg

this what I have now same RE-17 load

bcrem1003.jpg

Last edited:
I think in this picture I got better focus on the problem I might have... Is this normal for the stock such B&C A2?

bcr2.jpg

Well it sure shoots, but thats pretty ugly. B&C might do something for you. That looks pretty much like a stock I pulled off a factory remington, I think it was the XCR LRT if I rememeber right. All the flashing over the swivel holes, and rough casting along the bedding block looked similar but thats a pretty big gap infront of the recoil lug.

It could easily be fixed up with some devcon, but I would wait and see if they will replace it first. Either way thats some pretty nice shooting.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.