my longest...

When I grow up, I want to be like tailfeathers. Perfect in every way, holier-than-thou, never miss a wind call and willing to do anything to appease anti's, including accusing folks of bragging to make myself look all superior-like...
I think Feather's is kin to gerrybaker1960 and Mudrunner, 24 post's in and all

Any one who has never seen a deer "NOT fall", after the first shot, and had to track it 100 or 200yds in the brush and swamp, has never Bow hunted in the South. Nice shooting by the way, with those wind conditions.
Excellent hunt Sir. The meats on the table and in the freezer and best of all, your belly is full. Congrats Sir.

I've done the same thing several times, I admit it. I always feel let down at myself for not executing the perfect shot and I really hate it for the animal.
You know though, when that memory's a little in the past, the gravy, rice and biscuits are all hot and that backstrap or tenderloin almost melts in my mouth, I don't feel like such a heel and a bad shot. All I can think then is "Thank you Lord for allowing me to take one of your animals".

Got my bonehead back from KurtB.

IMG_4415.JPG

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.