My Latest Long Range Outfit

[ QUOTE ]
thats weird their is only two manufactures of 17 hmr now. Hornady and speer. The bullet selection is getting better with both producing 20 grainers now.

[/ QUOTE ]
There is only one manufacturer of 17 HMR ammo and that's CCI. It is rumored and ONLY rumored that the new Winchester ammo is made by Winchester. Hornady, Speer and CCI are making bullets for it. We don't need any more bullet choices because Hornady got it right the first time.

Len,welcome to the "Hummer" world! I also have the VQ 17HMR in the standard model. Wait till you try it on a family of Praire Dogs all sitting on one mound. They are all dead before they know what him them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Sam

So...where in our mutual home town of Oshkosh do we find these prairie dogs? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

We don't need any more bullet choices because Hornady got it right the first time.

lol maybe for you but for me the 20 grainers are far better for my purpose

Len, that's quite a testimonial that the Bushnell 4200 6-24 can see 17 holes at 100 yds! What recticle do you have and if it is the Mildot how do you like it? Mine has the Bushnell 3200 5-15X50. After just returning for SD prairie dog hunting and using a dot on my "dog" gun I am thinking of putting a dot or mildot on my VQ.
My 17 Hummer VQ:
vq17hmr2.jpg

Nice gun Len!

This is my AMT .22LR

I have been applying all the long range info I have learnt on here to my AMT in the absence of my big gun which is still on order.

We cant have the hmr in semi over here!

I have recently developed a 250Mtr metal plate shooting range on one of my shoots.
She hits them easily out to 200Mtrs ( plate is 7" x 5")it is just good fun shooting!

My best rabbit is @ 135Mtrs so far, a distance unthinkable for me six months ago.

I also get best accuracy with the tight shoulder grip by the way.

Cheers for all the info Jeza

Hello slipshot

I would love to be able to change between the two but over here in England the .17hmr is illegal in semi auto! Legal in bolt action!!
Even if you could have one You would need to apply for a slot on your licence as well which would take a month or so if you could prove you needed one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Jeza

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.