My First Nightforce!!!

Iowaboy

Well I went and did it. I was at Scheels in Des Moines this weekend and they had a 5.5-22x56 NXS with NPR2 for $1399. I couldn't pass it up!

So now my delima is deciding on rings and bases for it. This scope is going on a savage 116 with a McGowen 7mm varmit contour barrel.

I'm thinking a aci and anti-cant would be nice also. So what are your guys suggestions?

That was a good price I paid $1550 for all of mine at Scheels. I see they are up to $1650 now. I have NF rings so I could get Shawn's(Defensive Edge) ACI/ACD he designed. Here is a link to a thread to one of my rifles.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f53/just-finished-sweet-rifle-pix-41109/

I believe he makes a bottom for it now so you can switch it in between your rifles if you don't want it to be the top of you ring.

Brent

I have my NXS mounted to my Savage/338 Edge with a one piece Dednutz mount. It is a very solid mount and very inexpensive. I use a cheap dovetail base mounted to the scope body to hold my ACI.

AJ

I used Talley 1 peice ring and base. Nice clean look and solid as can be. Nightforce recomends Talley in their paper work. You sure cand spend lots of money on mounts if you want, but you sure spent your money wisely on that NIGHTFORCE SCOPEgun). CONGRADS. Bill Maylor.

Im Trying to find the Same scope. I Hope you like it, heard some good things.
Here in Alberta, Canada the Price of a NXS in a 5.5x20x50 is $2450...:cool:

Thanks Bill,

I am pretty excited to get this gun put together and try this sucker out!!!

Well I went and did it. I was at Scheels in Des Moines this weekend and they had a 5.5-22x56 NXS with NPR2 for $1399. I couldn't pass it up!

So now my delima is deciding on rings and bases for it. This scope is going on a savage 116 with a McGowen 7mm varmit contour barrel.

I'm thinking a aci and anti-cant would be nice also. So what are your guys suggestions?

That's a great price for that scope out of a retail store. Was it used? NF optics have mapped prices, meaning the dealer must sell at the MSRP.

Good deal for you.

-MR

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.