My first look thru a Nightforce and I bought one!

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by TC in Wallowa, Mar 27, 2004.

1. TC in Wallowa

TC in Wallowa New Member

Well I made the trip into town to the local Sportsmans Warehouse.

Gun counter was slow this evening so I got to talking with the salesman about LR scopes, so he grabbed up and armload of scopes and I followed him outside.
    Now I have been shooting LR with an old Balvar 24 and a mid 70's Luey, fixed at 20 with a target dot. So i am still in SHOCK!!
    He took out several Leupold LR's and Nikon Tactical's and I think a couple Burris. Then he hands me a Nighforce 12-42x56 NXS with a mil-dot reticule. All I said was OH MY. Then my wife says what? And I handed it over to her. Well with her blessing it's now on layaway. Seemed like a good price from what I recall seeing online. $1099

Are these Nightforce scopes made in Australia?

Tim [​IMG]

2. Brent

Brent Well-Known Member

Tim,
    Take it and RUN!! $1100 for a 12-42 NXS is WAY below anyone else! [​IMG] I'm not sure, but I think it's normally in the $1400-1500 range.

Up here, Sportsman's Wareouse has the 5.5-22 NXS jacked way up, they said it's the most popular is why the price is higher than the 8-32. They would match anyones price though...

3. Bill D.

Bill D. Active Member

TC,
    Jap made components, scopes are built in Orofino, Idaho. Hard to beat a NF scope!

Bill