My first custom chamber: 300 Ultra X! (Creedmoor was taken)

playing with wildcats is expensive but a lot of fun and more failures then successes. I know I changed my 30-338 rum imp reamer a couple times and about to make another change for all the new bullets and brass that is now available
keep us informed and have fun.
Great to hear from the guys with experience rather than the naysayers. We'd still be using the 30-30 if others stopped experimenting

Here are pics of the primers and sides of case.
6732DB27-338D-4832-833D-0A872A491357.jpeg
269F681A-F88A-476C-B240-765ACAEE82A9.jpeg

I like fiddling :). That lathe has made more work for me. I've made comparators for my cartridges, headspace making tools, jigs, jags, etc. Crazy what is possible
Today I turned down a punch to knock out the ejector pin cuz I didn't have one that fit. So much easier that running to the store.y

That's what I like about you...you ain't got a clue what you're doing but doing it anyway...lol
Btw I'm tuning in to learn as well, I always see folks talking about bushing a firing pin, but never bothered to see what that all about.
I wouldn't say I don't have a clue. Just never learned how to bush a firing pin :) always something else to learn

Tag.

Awesome project...

Thanks for sharing...

Now I need to team up with my cartridge builder friend to look into a 25 or 270 caliber build... Ha

You folks are hard on my wallet...

Cheers from the North...

Tag.

Awesome project...

Thanks for sharing...

Now I need to team up with my cartridge builder friend to look into a 25 or 270 caliber build... Ha

You folks are hard on my wallet...

Cheers from the North...
Thank you. Lots of speed bumps along the way, but it might work out great .... or maybe not :)

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.